Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Conducting Research

For one of our assignments in this TSTM 544 class we are assigned to create an annotated bibliography about E-Learning. For this assignment we need at least 5 supporting articles to cite in the bibliography. Before class the other day, when looking for articles or anything, I would just "Google it." This is a common action for many people.

After class the other day, I now can say I will not google everything. Besides the library resources, which I somewhat previously learned about, there are other resources that can be used to perform successful searches. There are many journals but there are other sites that perform searches also such as Google Scholar, Spezify, Searchme, Search-cube, KoolTorch, and KartOO. Not only are they good sites to search but there are very appealing to the eye and somewhat different from your regular ordinary search engine.

1 comment:

  1. I know where you are coming from, I had trouble finding good articles with a simple Google search. I am so use to using Google for an answer, sometimes I forget that their are other sources to find quick information other than Google. Those library resources were helpful for me with my annotated biography as well.

    ReplyDelete