Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Metacognative Blog

Wikipedia defines metacognative as "cognition about cognition" or "knowing about knowing." This semester has been a fast paced experience for me. This is my first summer class ever but I believe it was successful. Very valuable information was gained in this class. One of the greatest things I learned in this class was the use of open source software, which is free. In this class we worked with Camstudio, which is a good tool. I just think it was somewhat pressured to learn and use it in that short period of time.
Also Over the past few weeks my blogs have been pertaining to e-learning, its environment, and its relation today. As we learned e-learning is becoming more and more popular. Its not just in jobs or colleges but its being implemented into grade schools (k-12) also. My following blog related to that in a way. This way was the need of teachers. Teachers are needed in certain instances. I just depends on the subject or material that is to be learned and the needs of the students. More than likely teachers are very much still needed with grade school e-learning. If not, students may get off of track or may need help and may not know where to find help. These two previous blogs mentioned then relates to another e-learning blog dealing with e-learning today. E-learning today is great and I believe it will become better and better. Also with the economy the way it is, I believe e-learning will actually help in a way. One way is that it can help save on gas.
This has been a wonderful, experiential TSTM 544 class.

No comments:

Post a Comment